April 5, 2010

ER visit

Oliver had his first trip to the ER last week. His cousin Alek, who lives in Chicago, was visiting and they collided after having lunch at a Mexican restaurant. Like typical boys, they were playing hard and having fun. Oliver's chin met Alek's eye and the blood started pouring. I'm glad we actually took Oliver to the ER, we debated a bit, because he ended up getting 5 stitches. He fought the nurses and dr. pretty hard, but they managed to sew him up. After a popcicle from the nurse the crying quickly tapered off. More ice cream was eaten at home too.




Today Oliver got the stitches removed at our dr's office. I think he suffers from PTSD, because as soon as the nurse came in and asked him to lie down, the crying (screaming) started all over again. Anthony and I had to hold him down. It was brutal. But again, ice cream to the rescue! Funny how the tears just melt away. When I call him my 'brave little boy', he says 'no I'm not'. But he really is!

No comments: