September 2, 2010

Camping at Mt. Rainier

Last weekend we camped near Mt. Rainier with the Serwold family from Seattle. They have two kids, Nathan and Sophia. Oliver likes them a lot and they all have a great time together. We went for an amazing hike called the Naches Trail Loop off of HWY 410 on Chinook Pass. Anthony and I agree that is one of the most beautiful mountain passes we have driven through. Washington is truly an amazing part of the country and there is so much more to explore! Next time we camp together we're going to the Olympics.
Rainier in the clouds over Anthony's shoulder and grumpy Oliver in my arms. He was thrilled to be trail running I swear, but as soon as the cameras came out so did the sourpuss face.

See, here is the trail runner leaving every one in his dust. He must have some of Auntie Monica's DNA.

Sophia getting her hands dirty on the White River.

The wildflowers up there were amazing. These were my favorite because they seemed so life like. Does any one know what they are?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like those flowers too. They remind me of something that would grow amongst the characters on Fraggle Rock. Let me know if you discover their name!

Sony said...

Great camping trip! Here's a preview of Olympic Natl Park beach camping...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brothergrimm/293378219/