February 9, 2010

Art and Nascar

Today Oliver wasn't feeling well so I kept him home from daycare. He was actually a little bummed about not be going - a good sign that he likes it I think. So we did some new things around the house. I grabbed the masking tape and made a race track on the carpet. I saw a friend do this a few years ago at a party where there were kids. I filed the idea away for a day like today.
I also pulled out the finger paints, some new markers and water color paints. The finger paints were a huge hit. Of course, I was a little apprehensive since I know how far he can throw a truck if I turn my head for a second. But he was very civilized and didn't once put the paint in his mouth. At least while I was looking he didn't.This post is a perfect example of how a trashy kid can still be a sophisticated artist with a little coaching. Next up: kick the can and topiary.

No comments: