January 24, 2010

Badger Mtn.

Today we hiked up Badger Mtn. just outside of Richland. The elevation gain was over 900 ft. in just 1.2 miles. We brought along our backpack carrier thinking that Oliver wouldn't want to walk. But no, our little boy is a trail runner in the making. He ran, not walked, about 3/4 of the way up to the top. It was amazing to watch. I think I have found my new running partner.

It was pretty cold, foggy and very windy today. I'm excited to see the view from up there when it's not foggy. With no trees I bet we can see all the way to the ocean on a sunny day. We're definitely doing this again!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is also a spot called jump off joe (in Kennewick) where I would go to "hang out" with my high school boyfriend.

Unknown said...

Great photos! Not surprised that he ran the whole way up. Must be in his blood!