February 15, 2009

Oliver Xing

Sometimes people ask us where the name Oliver came from and we really don't have a good answer for that question. We just sort of came up with it. Boring as that may be, we just liked the name. My Uncle Morrie (dad's younger brother) had to remind me that one of the old tractors on Grandpa Arnold's farm in Illinois was an Oliver. I'm not kidding, there's an old tractor manufacturer called Oliver. I couldn't make this up! Check it out: http://www.olivertractors.ca/. I had completely forgotten about the infamous Oliver tractor. Infamous because it was always in need of repair, not unlike most things on Grandpa's farm. So now when some one asks us about Oliver's name we will tell them he's named after an old broken down tractor. Although not true, its a good story and a good friend once told me that the truth should never get in the way of a good story.

And we have Uncle Morrie to thank for this sign.

2 comments:

Grandpa said...

The Oliver tractor! What great memories; thanks Oliver.

Lisa Ochs said...

I really need a picture of the Oliver tractor and maybe a cow too.